Master in Architecture provides classrooms equipped with AC, wi-fi, and LCD projector to conduct lecturing and discussions. Wi-Fi uses in lecturing and discussion sessions unrelated to the class activity are not recommended. The lecturers in class have full authority to manage the class through relevant study methods.
2. Study Equipment
Master in Architecture, together with other study programs in the department, supports the equipment for academic activity, such as computers with specifications for graphics, printers, 3D modelling equipment and printing, photo and video equipment, et cetera. Students can use all equipment facilities by following the usage regulations.
The library facility in the Department of Architecture and Planning UGM provides various references needed to support the academic activities. Reference books in architecture engineering, architecture, and other related topics are supplied in our library.
4. Computer Laboratory
The computer laboratory in the Department of Architecture and Planning has computers facilities with high specifications to support academic activity for students learning various architecture-related software applications. Internet facility is available inside the computer laboratory and can be accessed throughout the campus area. The computer laboratory is managed by the Information and Technology Unit of the Department of Architecture and Planning.
5. Photocopy and Printing
Photocopy and printing facilities provided by the Department of Architecture and Planning can be accessed through:
- The computer and printer facility in Master in Architecture, can be used by students for free to support studio activity.
- Cloud printing facility of Faculty of Engineering UGM. Students can use cloud printing facility from their own computers by connecting to printers provided by the library of Faculty of Engineering UGM, the library of Department of Architecture and Planning, and Master in Architecture. Further information about cloud printing can be accessed here:
- “Kekar Photocopy” on the ground floor, supports the services in photocopying, printing, and supplying stationeries. Students can use the supported facilities according to the applicable price.
- Computer laboratory.
6. Turnitin and Grammarly Service
The libraries of the Faculty of Engineering and the Department of Architecture and Planning UGM support the facilities to detect document’s plagiarism (Turnitin) and grammatical correctness (Grammarly) for students and lecturers. Both facilities can be accessed here:
7. Language Training Centre
Language Training Centre in Universitas Gadjah Mada supports students’ need to take tutor lessons for learning foreign languages, especially English. For taking the Institutional TOEFL Test, students can contact the Language Training Centre office for further information.
Department of Architecture and Planning UGM provides an accessible food cafeteria, and in addition, Master in Architecture supplies free drinking water, tea, and coffee.
9. Publishing Unit
Department of Architecture and Planning UGM has published Journal of Built Environment Studies (BESt) since October 2020. Journal of BESt is published twice a year, in April and October, and welcomes contributors with manuscripts that cover topics including but not limited to:
- History, Theory, and Critics in Architecture
- Craftsmanship and Local Architecture
- Material Science and Technology
- Building Structure and Technology
- Parametric Design and Fabrication
- Sustainable Architecture
- Architecture, Urbanism, and Tourism Practices
- Urban Planning and Urban Design
- Settlements, Housing, and Neighborhood Planning
- Transportation Planning
- Regional and Rural Planning
10. Parking Lot
A parking lot facility for bikes, motorcycles, and cars has been provided by Universitas Gadjah Mada and managed by the Department of Architecture and Planning, together with the Faculty of Engineering. For students parking their vehicle, it is recommended to use the parking lot facility orderly and prioritize safety.